Taking a private home tutorials is known to be effective to help students improve their self learning skills. It also help them to learn the subject they are weak in better. Thus, they won’t be lagged behind. The world is so competitive today. It also happens in schools and other academic environments.
Every student also has their own academic goals to help them build their future. Therefore, private tutoring is often chosen to be one of the most effective ways to help students improve their learning skills or prepare their future.
Types of Private Tutoring
There are many type of private tutoring available now. Students can choose the type of tutoring that make them comfortable the most. There are online tutoring and one-to-one tutoring.
Online tutoring is more flexible but has its limit because the lack of the presence from both tutors and students. One-to-one tutoring is more effective because there is less distractions and the study session will be more effective.
There are two ways of private home tutorials. First, it is taken at at the tutor’s home. Second, it is conducted at the student’s home. The previous article discussed about private tutorials at the tutor’s home. Now, we are going to discuss about the benefit of private tutoring at the student’s home instead.
- Teaching private tutoring at the student’s home brings more comfort for the students because they are in their safe place. They will feel more secured knowing that everything they need is accessible. They don’t have to adapt with new environment even if it is juts their tutor’s home. Thus, it makes them more comfortable during the study session as well.
- Home is the right condition because it is less distracting. The student taking their private tutorials won’t have to deal with the noise of their friends. They can study in peace and more effectively. Not to mention that they can build their confidence better by studying at their own home. They will be able to enjoy the session more. It makes easier for the tutor to set the mood for comfortable and relaxed study session.
- It is safer for student to have their private tutorial at their own home because they don’t need to worry to go home late. Not to mention that the tutor can do beyond teaching during the session. They can help students broaden their skills and develop the new ones. It is more possible for students to learn many things more effectively and efficiently since they are in comfortable place. Healthy, positive healthy teaching-learning environment is easier to build this way. It makes the students feel safer interacting with the tutors and ask many things less hesitantly.
Criteria of Good Tutor
Private tutoring can help them achieve their dream and goals more effectively. However, it is also important to choose the right tutor. Not every tutor is helpful or a good teacher. Here are some criteria of good tutor to choose:
- It is true that smart tutor is important to choose to help the students learn better. However, smartness is not enough for the tutor to be considered goo teacher or mentor. Another important quality is the ability to boost confidence. A good tutor knows how to alleviate their student’s self confidence. Some students are so afraid of failure and they may have experienced that. Good tutor know how to help them build their strength and confidence so they also understand that failure and success are just parts of life but don’t define who they are or who they can be. also read https://hemenozelders.net/look-private-tutor/
- Good tutor has positive energy and full of enthusiasm. Teaching is not something to be taken lightly since it is serious matter. However, it doesn’t mean a tutor should pose seriously all the time during teaching. Instead, good tutor knows how to boost the mood of study session to make it more fun and exciting for students. Positive attitude, endless energy, and confidence will effect the students positively. Good tutor always uses positive approach to motivate their students.
- Choose a tutor with great adaptability and flexibility in following the student’s needs. Good tutor knows how to push the student using the method or technique that fit their student’s characteristics. Every student is unique. Tutor will be able to teach any type of student using the right approach that still improve student’s performance. A good tutor is also more reachable to their students. If they are not approachable, the students will still have difficulty to learn effectively. Tutoring is not only about teaching subject but also giving mental support. Choose a tutor who is open and can make effective communication to build positive relationships.