Are you interested in becoming a tutor to teach private lessons to students? You don’t have to worry about following a tight schedule for teaching in schools. Because nowadays students need a tutor who can teach online or privately at home. This is why becoming a private tutor can be so much fun. You can set your own time, tutoring in your free time, set your own goals and much more.
Before heading onto some tips to help you get started as a private tutor. Here are the advantages of being a private tutor:
- Less students, less responsibility— Mostly, as a private tutor you only have to teach one student. You only have to understand the character of only one student. Compare this with a teacher who must understand dozens of students’ characters (20-30 students) in a single classroom. This determines the teaching technique that you do.
- Earn more — Teaching one student for 90 minutes per meeting, of course, will be much better in terms of getting paid. If compared to teaching a bunch of students in a classroom.
- Relaxed work — You only need to prepare an opportunity and determination. without the need to maintain assessment standards for all students.
Now, for the fun part, here are some useful tips for becoming a great private tutor that students will love that will get you more tutoring jobs in the future:
- Prepare Teaching Materials and Learning Media — This is the century where teachers are required to appear fun. Not just like an ordinary teacher (strict and fierce). As a tutor, you must be unique in your teachings that will inspire your students. Other than using powerpoints, inspiring ceme online videos or movies for materials, you can add fun things with learning. Such as being humorous, doing yoga with your student or any activities that your students would enjoy if the private lessons are home based.
- First Impression — Appearance is also an important factor you need to pay attention to, especially on your first day. Be polite, wear clean clothes, and be confident is key to being a memorable and impressive tutor.
- Instill Moral Attitude and Build Good Character— What is your actual goal of being a private tutor? To make a student smarter and to get good grades for them? Well, in fact, there are many smart kids now. But what is more needed now for those students are honesty, openness to learn new things, never give up, and being friendly. With these attitudes, students will learn the materials well without having to force themselves to get the best scores every time.
- Outdoor Learning— Students sometimes get bored if they only study indoors. Take them outside for a change or in the yard to get some fresh air for a better focus and concentration. Therefore, the peace of mind of your students gets stronger when studying outside the house or room.